Performs simple maintenance and cleaning duties in guest rooms, public areas and grounds of the hotel that do not require practical skill or knowledge of a trade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete basic maintenance related tasks and deep cleaning to keep guest rooms and public areas in an excellent state of cleanliness and repair.
- Assist with completion of the preventative maintenance checklist and complete minor repairs work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, unclogging toilets replacing faucet washers, etc.
- Carry tools, prepare the worksite and assist maintenance representatives as needed
- Clean and sweep the parking lot and sidewalk areas.
- Cut, prune and water the lawn and plants as necessary and dispose of the trimmings.
- Empty all trashcans on a daily basis
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Adhere to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, etc., replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimize waste.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Basic reading and writing skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the buildings and grounds
- Frequently handling objects and equipment
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling
- Working knowledge of basic non-skilled maintenance tasks such as plunging toilets, changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers.
- Working knowledge of lawn/plant care equipment and tools.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment safety/repair manuals.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Hotel buildings and grounds
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.