ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prospect for new business – Internet prospecting, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attends industry events/programs as needed.
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
- Responds in a timely manner to incoming group business opportunities and RFPs.
- Ensures that all business is booked within hotel parameters.
- Conducts hotel site inspections and client presentations both in person and virtually.
- Create contracts and other related booking documentation as required including but not limited to activity tracking. Manage and maintain client account files.
- Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on all requests.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with General Manager to ensure hotel is filled effectively.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints. Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
*Knowledge of Intercontinental Hotel Group systems is a plus*
- We offer our work family competitive pay, Paid Time Off, and Brand offered hotel discounts.
- You will also get to be part of a team that challenges, mentors, and encourages you during your career!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and participates in the e-Verify program. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- We care about our team as well as our guests. We strive to go beyond our guests’ highest levels of expectation. We achieve this by training our team to be personally responsible to for ensuring a positive, memorable guest experience. This, in turn, establishes Raldex Hospitality with a solid foundation for success.