The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the entire hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment. This individual ensures the upkeep of guest areas and maintains an attractive hotel. This individual manages all rehabilitation, expansion and special projects, and provides for consistent, cost-effective maintenance programs that ensure the Hotel is operated safe and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities Including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance of hotel interior and exterior, including parking lot signage, lighting, common areas, electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Reviews maintenance concerns, complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Inspects property to identify potential and current needs.
- Solicits bids from contractors and evaluates their proposals. When contractor is selected and employed, ensures that work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinates with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Performs preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
- Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
- Completes maintenance logs.
- Maintains the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting).
- Supervises and schedules maintenance staff.
- Has the ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Completes duties and confirms on daily checklist as assigned.
- Various other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Hotel maintenance experience preferred.
- Other maintenance experience may be considered.
- Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor required.
- Ability to initiate positive change
- Physically demanding job that includes both indoor and outdoor responsibilities, estimated at 80% indoor and 20% outdoor. Must be able to withstand frequent extreme changes in temperature.
- We offer our work family competitive pay, Paid Time Off, and Brand offered hotel discounts.
- You will also get to be part of a team that challenges, mentors, and encourages you during your career!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and participates in the e-Verify program. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- We care about our team as well as our guests. We strive to go beyond our guests’ highest levels of expectation. We achieve this by training our team to be personally responsible to for ensuring a positive, memorable guest experience. This, in turn, establishes Raldex Hospitality with a solid foundation for success.