The Assistant General Manager will work directly with the General Manager to ensure the hotel exceeds its guest and team member satisfaction goals, as well as its revenue and profitability targets. In addition, the AGM will work closely with all department heads and team members to consistently maintain all brand standards and overall Quality Assurance. The AGM is expected to lead by example and be the service and culture champion for the hotel, assisting in any area when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all hotel operations and department managers. This includes: Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Engineering, and Banquets.
- Assist in the development and compliance of all hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, training, and service standards. This includes, but is not limited to, safety, cash handling, quality assurance, and accounting tasks.
- Work with department managers to ensure their areas run effectively daily, and they have what they need to achieve the shared goals of the hotel.
- Work with the General Manager on all annual budgeting items. This includes sales and marketing, revenue management, operations, and capital projects.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring both revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met.
- Assist in purchasing of operating supplies, as well as collecting and evaluating bids for products and services for the hotel.
- Assist department heads in the recruitment and hiring for all hotel roles, as well as team member coaching and counseling.
- Work with General Manager and department heads to identify growth opportunities for team members, creating training plans to help guide their development.
- Collaborate with the General Manager, Revenue Manager and Sales Manager to evaluate and generate both transient and group business for the hotel.
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations, as well as company and brand policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The ideal candidate has previous hotel management experience with hands-on knowledge in multiple departments. They must be available to work when needed, based upon staffing needs and business demands, including weekends, holidays, and nights. Previous IHG and Opera knowledge is a plus.
- We offer our work family competitive pay, Paid Time Off, and Brand offered hotel discounts.
- You will also get to be part of a team that challenges, mentors, and encourages you during your career!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and participates in the e-Verify program. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- We care about our team as well as our guests. We strive to go beyond our guests’ highest levels of expectation. We achieve this by training our team to be personally responsible to for ensuring a positive, memorable guest experience. This, in turn, establishes Raldex Hospitality with a solid foundation for success.